Special Projects Division Project Manager (9732)
Position Description: Overall day-to-day project responsibility, including operations, budget, client relations, safety and staffing.
Reports to: Special Projects/Interiors Division (SPD) Senior Project Manager (SPM) or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Participate in new project pursuits in support of Business Development.
- Must have complete understanding of the owner contract for the project and risk mitigation measures and ensure that the project team is aware of them.
- Manage preconstruction activities (Estimating, Operations Plan, Scheduling) as necessary.
- May be responsible for bidding, scope review, and awards of subcontracts.
- Ensure subcontracts, Purchase Orders (POs) and change orders are reviewed and accurate.
- Perform all required engineering duties and responsibilities, including Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Responsible for the change order process (subcontractor and owner).
- Work with the Superintendent and Safety Director on implementing the safety program.
- Manage and develop staff as assigned, including providing input on performance evaluations.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Develop relationships with owners, subcontractors and consultants.
- Work with Accounting to initiate Pay Application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
- Participate in development of schedule and sequencing of work. Ensure trade contractors have the latest schedule and are contractually tied thereto.
- Review, validate and manage the project financials.
- Manage closeout process.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of two to five years of formal engineering architectural training and/or building construction experience required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles. Familiar with various construction methods and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances. Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Very strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
Physical Demands: Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor