Supply Chain Product Manager - Philadelphia (9895)
Position Description: Create and maintain product specific vendor relationships supported by technical expertise. Responsible for all awards to vendors in assigned product categories and must be capable of managing and supporting multiple external client transactions.
Reports to: GM Logistics
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: *
- Develop and refine technical purchasing standards for assigned product categories.
- Maintain and manage product wide metrics (price/production trends, etc.).
- Technical resource/expert to local Business Units (BU) and Turner Logistics (TL) Regional Managers, PreCon and Operations, supporting sales opportunities within product lines.
- Review/approve/edit project scopes-of-work and bids from the BU and supply chain engineers.
- Hold vendors accountable for support of BUs.
- Utilize in house data to assist supply chain engineers with work-load management.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies and products.
- Ensure the correct vendor contract terms are in place.
- Pre-qualify new vendors.
- Continually improve vendor performance and remove non-performing vendors from bid list.
- Monitor and coordinate vendors’ supply chain dynamics and changes affecting market delivery.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices/techniques and contract term interpretation.
- Understand supply management processes.
- Protect and promote Turner’s interest in all matters.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: A Four-year degree in an engineering discipline with a minimum 10 years of experience in relevant engineering discipline and/or construction purchasing of equipment is required. Must have extensive technical and commercial knowledge of specific product and/or equipment. Must be a self-starter with excellent written, oral communication and computer skills. Commercial knowledge of the building industry desired. Some travel will be required.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor