Project Superintendent - Commercial Construction (10412)
Turner Construction is an industry leading
commercial construction general contractor with a 119 year history spanning
iconic projects around the globe, including 10 of the world's 100 tallest
buildings. For the past 40 years, Turner's
Seattle office has helped shape our local skyline
with projects such as Century Link Field, the Seattle Aquarium, and Two
Union Square. Seattle's current working portfolio includes everything from
shell and core towers to elaborate biotech renovations to elementary schools.
We are looking for experienced Project Superintendents in
both our Main
(large, ground up) and Special Projects (tenant improvements and renovations)
divisions. Join our team TODAY!
The successful candidate is an excellent communicator, a team player, and possesses the managerial skills to lead a project team in the field. Please include a project list, including dates, project type, revenue, and your specific role.
Position Description: Supervises the field construction of a project, including its organization, planning, and scheduling, in order to complete the work on time, within budget, and to quality specified.
Reports to: Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Primary liaison with owners/ architects/ engineers for the day-to-day construction activities of the project.
- Develop and implement overall project work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Lead, supervising and developing all Turner field staff, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Develop and managing the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Manage and making decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Oversee work among all trades to promote and coordinate project operations. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Manage labor relations with subcontractors and Turner trade staff.
- Implement mock-ups and associated testing, review and approval.
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Acting as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Perform in the capacity of Stormwater Compliance Coordinator (SCC) in accordance with Turner's Stormwater Compliance Program.
- Manage the General Conditions and General Requirements (Back Page) for the project to maintain budget.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to Work-In-Place (WIP) and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Manage the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of four years' related training and at least eight years of building construction experience required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general and subcontract documents, drawings, specifications, construction means, methods and materials, understanding of line and grade and survey methods. Knowledge of construction cost control and basic accounting procedures. Computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Models (BIM) and Lean to benefit the project. Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with the ability tocommunicate well both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires the use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor