VDC Engineer - Cleveland (10568)
Position Description: The VDC Engineer will manage, evaluate and assess model-based information from the design team, trade subcontractors, and others necessary to construct the project as specified by the contract documents. This individual is responsible for working with Turner's Operations team, the Owner, and design partners to conduct all model-based tasks required in the preconstruction and construction phases of a project, with the intent of using the model to inform the decision making process. Models are expected to be utilized for site logistics, constructability, estimating/quantity take-offs, 4D, scheduling, etc...
Reports to: VDC Project Manager, Project Engineer, Project Manager or Project Executive
Additionally has a “dotted line” relationship for coordination and support with:
- VDC Manager
- BIM Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Overseeing and making decisions related to BIM model information.
- Resolving issues related to plans and specifications, especially as it relates to the organization, use, management, and BIM model by interacting with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, other Turner job staff and owner's representatives.
- Managing coordination models and model-based submittals and shop drawings. Assessing conformance to contract specifications. Resolving any conflicts in interpretation.
- Scheduling and managing subcontractor 3D virtual trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings.
- Overseeing the BIM related close-out process. Preparing final records such as as-built models which may include connections to project data such as operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and as-built documentation. Producing the turnover model file with associated documents for the Owner if required for the project.
- Preparing scope of work documents for trades producing and using BIM models.
- Developing reports including reports/assessments on coordination meeting records, constraint logs, etc.
- Develop 3D models related to site logistics and constructability studies.
- Capture and present existing conditions through reality capture tools and processes such as 3D laser scanning, drone, and 360 camera.
- Work closely with the project team to understand their issues and needs and collaborate with them to develop solutions using Building Information Models.
- Travel as needed to support work in the Cleveland region.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of four years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Utilizes leading-edge technologies such as BIM and Lean. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Should specifically be proficient with BIM based computer applications such as Navisworks Manage, Trimble SketchUp, Autodesk Revit, and BIM 360 Platform. Knowledge of and experience with Synchro, PowerBI, Virtual Reality, and Lumion rendering application is a plus.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs, climb ladders, negotiate work areas under construction, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel hoists. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job regularly requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear and stand. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in this work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor