Turner Construction is the nation's leading commercial construction general contractor with a 120 year history spanning iconic projects around the globe. For the past 40 years, Turner's Seattle office has helped shape our local skyline with projects such as Century Link Field, the Seattle Aquarium, and Two Union Square. Turner's commanding, diverse, and stable market presence allows us to offer each employee not only competitive compensation, but also an enriching career working on meaningful projects within our local community.
Position Description: It is the function of the Procurement Agent to accomplish the procurement and delivery of specified products and/or services from qualified subcontractor or vendors at the most favorable prices and terms.
Reports to: Procurement Manager or Preconstruction Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Procurement of materials and subcontracts from qualified vendors and subcontractors.
- Lead role in review and recommendation of new and updating of subcontractor/vendor prequalification including financial statement analysis and reference verification.
- Establishing and overseeing Procurement Schedule, including attending project meetings.
- Establishing project bidding procedures, preparation, prequalifications and approval of bid lists.
- Developing and implementing strategy to meet the Minority, Women or Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (M/W/DBE) (or other) requirements.
- Assist Operations in crating the general and special conditions, safety requirements and scope requisitions for each project to ensure that the scope, schedule, M/W/DBE or other hiring requirements, insurance and bonding requirements are clearly defined for the bidders.
- Examining the plans and specifications for any deficiencies, construction issues, and technical questions and refer any findings to the Project Engineer who will bring them to the attention of the Architect/Engineer for resolution.
- Managing of bidding process, including bid period.
- Project specific responsibility to oversee receipt of bids, spreadsheet development/execution, conducting of scope review meetings with competitive bidders (with operations staff in attendance as required) to confirm that bidders have complied with scope requirements, alternates and unit pricing, manpower, schedules and logistics plans, M/W/DBE requirements, insurance and bonding requirements and any other project-specific requirements.
- Negotiating scope, price, and subcontract terms with vendors and subcontractors through subcontract award.
- Issuing recommendation for approval of subcontractors/vendors and any awards to such subcontractors/vendors to client and/or project team.
- Prepare and issue subcontracts or oversee process and follow up for timely execution of the subcontract, receipt of insurance certificates and Payment and Performance (P&P) bonds, and any other project specific items that must be submitted to complete the subcontract process.
- In conjunction with Project Team, develop, execute, and monitor Risk Management Plans where/when required.
- Supervising assistant procurement agents, procurement assistants and/or interns, including providing input on performance appraisals.
- Resolving issues with regard to any disputes relating to scope of work and change orders.
- Overseeing current insurance certificates, bonds, and consent of surety for reserve reductions, off-site material payments and final payments.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus minimum of two years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, and SharePoint. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Familiarity with accounting principles. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor