Accounting Clerk – Payroll - Cincinnati
Position Description: Enter timesheet data, compute and record earnings owed to employees, calculate deductions, and maintain employee master payroll data.
Reports to: Accounting Manager, Payroll
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Input timesheet data into payroll system daily.
- Maintain payroll files, including filing, scanning and shredding.
- Enter off-cycle payments as required.
- Maintain and review employee garnishments.
- Respond timely to employee inquiries.
- Assist other payroll staff in completion of payroll data maintenance.
- Respond to requests for income verification.
- Setup and maintain weekly employee master data, including new hire and rehire maintenance.
- Process labor transfers.
- Create positive pay files and transmission of remittance stubs for direct deposits.
- Prepare payroll mailings to business units.
- Assist with payroll projects and initiatives.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Associate’s Degree preferred, 2 years recent payroll experience, multi-state payroll tax experience desired, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- General knowledge basic accounting principles
- Must be accountable to escalate issues promptly, learn and apply knowledge quickly, and meet deadlines
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, maintain accuracy, and self-check work
- Able to work independently, with some oversight, and in team environment
- Must follow established procedures and execute directions to completion without need of follow up by management
- Must have good work ethic and integrity, dependable, adaptable, cooperative, and motivated to take on new responsibilities
- Professional written and verbal communication and general office skills
- Proficiency with databases and computer applications, including MS Office, MS Access
- Must have excellent data entry skills, to include 10 key pad proficiency with limited input errors
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor