Scheduling Manager - Louisville
Position Description: Oversees the work of Scheduling Engineers on one or more projects. Prepares and maintains schedules, develops and reviews project baselines, monitors and tracks progress. Supports the project(s) in all other aspects of scheduling analysis and special studies. Supports Business Development (BD) and Marketing (MK) activities as they relate to proposed project scheduling.
Reports to: Project Manager, Project Executive, Deputy Operations Manager or Operations Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Manage the activities of one or more Scheduling Engineers, including completion of employee evaluations and development plans.
- Prepare summary and detail level schedules.
- Develop full Critical Path Method (CPM) logic generated baseline schedules for projects.
- Perform monthly progress updates and create target comparison and periodic look-ahead schedules. Monitor and track progress at detailed and summary level.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Develop and periodically update cost and/or resource loaded schedules.
- Participate in all project schedule reviews as required at Operations Review Meetings (ORMs) or other sessions.
- Participate in BD and business unit marketing activities in the development and preparation of proposal presentations, including developing preliminary bar chart schedules and staffing charts.
- Provide support and training in the use of project and scheduling software to office and jobsite staff.
- Conduct schedule and Work-In-Place (WIP) reviews.
- Work together with Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Engineer to coordinate both schedules and models.
- Further develop the department with regard to implementing the scheduling process for the entire business unit, utilizing the highest level of scheduling procedures and methods.
- Develop training curriculum to reflect employee feedback and technology changes.
- Perform quarterly audits of project teams.
- Track department costs as they relate to time and material allocation to support projects and BD needs.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of six years' construction experience or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience with scheduling software applications on projects; large project experience is desirable. Additional experience in project engineering and field supervision is also desirable. Demonstrated knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices. Proven written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee periodically works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments are usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor