Senior Electrical Estimator (Northern California) (8455)
Position Description: Prepare detailed estimates for the project based on the design documents, narratives, and specifications, focusing on the Electrical/Technology/LV System trades.
Reports to: Preconstruction Manager / MEP Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*: Specifically relating to the electrical systems:
- Lead responsibility for complex projects such as Mission Critical, Hospital/Healthcare, Pharma and Government jobs that have an MEP package of $25M+.
- Responsible for the communication of estimate and scopes of work to the Turner staff, architects, engineers, and owners.
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all Electrical/Technology/LV System items incorporated in the assigned scope - from conceptual design through completed construction documents. Preliminary design work may be required to complete conceptual estimates.
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine required scope that is not already indicated.
- May supervise Assistant MEP Estimators, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns.
- Develop working relationships with local material suppliers and equipment vendors in order to solicit accurate and current pricing of lighting, distribution equipment, low voltage systems, and miscellaneous material pricing.
- Develop working relationships with local Electrical/Technology/LV System sub-contractors in order to build and maintain a robust list of qualified bidders for all projects.
- Perform constructability analysis of project documents. Communicate design and constructability issues to the project team in accordance with the project contract.
- Provide first costs analysis and participate in life cycle analysis with the design team.
- Participate in decision making process with Operations and Procurement when determining MEP subs to utilize on a project pursuit.
- Lead company-wide or regional MEP initiatives, including special projects and/or project pursuits.
- Develops and maintains in-depth interactions and relationships with clients.
- Implements MEP training. May assist with development of that training.
- Lead integration of the MEP Operations staff during the MEP PreCon process and continue to consult through construction.
- Work together with operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that general conditions and general requirements items are properly addressed in the estimate including, but not limited to, items such as temporary heating/cooling, electrical, power and lighting, including estimating of electrical and natural gas consumption during construction.
- Coordinate equipment pricing with Turner Logistics for Electrical/Technology/LV System estimates.
- Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed Electrical/Technology/LV System, materials and equipment that are more cost efficient.
- Act as liaison with engineers, design consultants, subcontractors, other Turner staff, and owner’s representatives to resolve Electrical/Technology/LV System issues related to the project preconstruction efforts.
- Prepare and assemble estimates and proposals for different contract types (lump sum, GMP, Cost Plus, etc.)
- Participate in estimate reviews with the design team and client.
- Participate in project hand-off to Operations to ensure proper transfer of knowledge from Preconstruction to Operations.
- Prepare scope requisitions for the bidding/procurement of Electrical/Technology/LV Systems; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering plus a minimum of fifteen years related Electrical/Technology/LV System estimating experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs, climb ladders, negotiate work areas under construction, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel hoists. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job regularly requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear and stand. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor