Job Description Job Description
Do you want to design and write software that really matters and be a part of a cause greater than yourself? Then, help us protect those that protect us by developing Next Generation Electronic Systems Products and Solutions. We need your talent, motivation, and vision as a Principal Software Engineer to join our New Hampshire team. We are actively seeking experienced Software Engineers with a minimum of four years of experience and a range of skills. The Software Engineer will apply her/his skills to developing high-quality, real-time embedded software for fielded electronics platforms. BAE Systems in NH is currently undergoing an exciting period of growth.
When you become a member of our team, you will work across multiple disciplines and collaborate with Systems, Hardware and Test Engineers to impact all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle. At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer a flexible work environment and 9/80 work schedule. Our company is part of the community, and driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.Job Responsibilities
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills and Experience
- Duties include analyzing, designing, coding and code modification (typically in C++) of complex software designs for simple systems or subsystems or subsystems of larger systems.
- You will be designing, developing, and testing complex electronic warfare software and tools.
- You will be preparing design documentation, in accordance with established processes.
- You will utilize either a Windows or Linux based software development environment. Embedded targets could range from ARM through high performance x86-64 CPUs and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). You will be integrating and testing in the selected target test environments.
- You may participate in external project interactions with other companies.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills and Education
- Secret Clearance (active within the last two years)
- Foundation in Object-Oriented design and implementation
- High-level Object-Oriented language proficiency (e.g. modern C++)
- Experience using scripting languages, such as Python or Bash
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and collaborative skills that translate to working software
- Proficient with source code control tools
- Some Software Technical Leadership experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Top Secret Clearance (active within the last two years)
- Experience with Real-time Embedded Software Development
- Experience with Agile Development and DevSecOps
- Experience developing on Windows/Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Experience using software tools like Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Gitlab
- Experience with Containers including Docker or Kubernetes.
- Software automated test development and execution
- Software algorithm development
- Software Leadership experience
- Multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.