Job Description Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Semiconductor Engineer II to join the Advanced Microwave Product Center (located in Nashua, NH). In this role, you will lead team efforts to develop next generation MMIC processes and optimize these processes for manufacturability. This includes advanced device and process development, new process integration, as well as implementation and qualification of developed technologies in a multi-technology foundry environment. A strong background in semiconductor process integration as related to III-V materials is a must. In-depth knowledge of GaN RF devices and related processing is required. Multi-tasking is expected in our fast-paced environment with delivery commitments to both internal and external customers. Demonstrated experience in business capture, including idea formulation, customer briefing, and proposal writing is highly desired. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor device physics, in particular with microwave field effect transistor operation
- In-depth working knowledge of GaN-based RF devices
- Track record of concept development and realization of innovative device designs and process solutions
- Strong understanding of industry trends as applicable to technology road map definition
- Ability to multi-task, functioning both as individual contributor and as team leader in multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute projects within budget and schedule constraints
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience in III-V semiconductor advanced process development
- Experience with semiconductor device electrical characterization (DC, RF)
- Ability to perform job functions in wafer foundry clean-room environment
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- MS in semiconductor related fields and 6+ years of work experience; or PhD in semiconductor related fields and 3+ years of work experience
- Demonstrated experience in technical proposal writing and track record of program capture
- Experience with transistor level modeling (thermal and electrical), TCAD
- Strong background in statistical data analysis and interpretation
- Experience with JMP software
- Experience with PROMIS software
- Knowledge in device failure analysis and related analytical tools (e.g. SEM, FIB, TEM, etc.)
- US citizenship preferred, clearance eligible
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.