Mechanical Engineering Co-Op, Summer and Fall Semesters (Hybrid) (77793BR)
- Provide engineering support to the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Obtain working knowledge of company tools. Perform analyses and compile data for investigation by senior engineering personnel.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
- Support assemblers, technicians and inspectors for manufacturing issues on new and existing products.
- Develop or improve test fixtures, tooling, manufacturing processes and other procedures for new and existing product builds to reduce defects and improve yields.
- Participate in and document corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Internships at BAE Systems feature additional opportunities including:
- Networking with BAE Systems employees and interns.
- Participation in a summer-long non-technical intern project, in addition to engineering assignment.
- Informational sessions on a variety of topics exclusively for interns.
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Pursuing a B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent)
- Ability to research and apply mechanical engineering principles and theories to solve mechanical engineering problems.
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.