Job Description Job description:
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer Hardware Lead!
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
The Countermeasures and Electromagnetic Attack (CEMA) Hardware Engineering Group is looking for a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer Hardware Lead to lead electrical systems designs through all phases of development from concept to production.
- Serve as technical lead or principal investigator on Capability Group programs
- Serve as a Control Account Manager (CAM) supporting Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
- Design leading-edge hardware modules with a focus on small size, low noise, wide bandwidth and/or high linearity
- Lead root cause and corrective action investigations
- Generate necessary drawings and documentation
- Support proposal and report generation
- Mentor junior engineers
**The position requires a U.S. person with the ability to obtain a minimum of Secret Clearance**
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**Temporary remote/Hybrid (COVID-19): Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will be conducted remotely or in a hybrid format on a temporary basis. Based on pandemic conditions, once the employee’s assigned site begins a broader transition back to the workplace, the role will transition to full-time onsite.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years work experience or equivalent experience
- Eligibility to obtain Security Clearance (Secret)
- Significant experience leading multidisciplinary engineering teams in solving packaging trades involving printed board assembly (PBA) or circuit card assembly (CCA) designs exposed to extreme environmental conditions including thermal, shock, and vibration.
- Proven ability to create and execute Hardware Development Plans (HDP) that align with business financial objectives
- Proven ability to maintain and report on accurate cost and schedule metrics
- Ability to work across company’s technical and non-technical functional disciplines
- Experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM) or with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years work experience or equivalent experience
- Current SECRET clearance and/or the ability to obtain higher levels or program-specific clearances
- Experience with defense manufacturing/operations, quality, systems engineering
- Willingness to adopt agile principles to hardware engineering
- Experience in risk and opportunity management
- Experience with AS9145 standard
- Experience dealing with legacy designs
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.