Hardware Development Lead (78254BR)
- Leading multi-discipline, state-of-the- art hardware teams of 15 to 20+ people through the hardware engineering design and development
- Employing your expertise, decision skills, and independent judgment in technical areas
- Leading critical design review activities for program success
- Communicating essential information and coordinating with other engineering disciplines, Procurement, Operations, and Program Management
- Developing program schedules, earned value criteria, and productivity metrics for efficient performance
- Ensuring the established Hardware Development Process is implemented successfully
- Supporting important program capture and proposal teams with hardware baselines that include development and cost/scheduling estimating
- Working with Project Technical Leads to determine program staffing needs and “right person/right job”
- Providing inputs on personnel performance
We hope you are that leader.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.Required Education, Experience, & Skills **Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
- Experienced in Hardware Engineering Leadership of multidiscipline teams, combined with an Electrical Engineering background focused on Digital Design, Circuit Card Assembly Design, or FPGA Design.
- History of leading the development of Digital/Mixed signal circuit card designs, which incorporate embedded processors, FPGA's, DDR memory, and high speed serial interfaces, from requirements through design verification
- Candidates must have a BSEE or related field with at least 8 to 10 years of experience
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Experience with leading multi-disciplined engineering teams through various phases of the hardware product lifecycle is important.
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or peers
- Technical design experience in an Electrical or Firmware realms
- Ability to lead others to closure
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance
- Active Secret Clearance
- Earned Value Management or Cost Account Management Experience