Job Description Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
BAE Systems, a provider of some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led, defense, aerospace and security systems is seeking a highly motivated, capable Program Manager to join our Global Integrated Solutions team in Los Angeles. This position requires working Direct Commercial Sales contracts with a global customer base in support of a diverse product portfolio including Flight Control Computers, Flight Control Sensors and Actuators, Helmet Displays, Head-Up Displays, and Automated Test Equipment.
Working closely with our International end users, OEM customers, and in-country partners, the candidate needs to be a dynamic leader able to work across multiple cultures and time zones to ensure successful program capture and execution. The candidate will be able to address complex partnering relationships and technical challenges in an innovative manner that demonstrates a long-term perspective on customer requirements and product development. Additionally, you will lead teams across various locations, along with supporting the Business Development team in the initiation and implementation of capture and growth strategies. Mature interpersonal communication skills will be one of your key attributes. Both Domestic and International travel will be required at times.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Manages and executes on various projects including both production and engineering elements to ensure achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business performance objectives.
- Provides Program Leadership in Proposal, Development, and Capture activities. Demonstrates the ability to navigate within different cultural frameworks, and interfaces with suppliers, customers, and senior leadership on program elements including cost, schedule, technical, risk management, and contractual status. Apply and/or develop integrated plans from program principles and concepts meeting program objectives.
- Actively promotes a culture of diversity, safety, health, and personal well-being for self, employees and the program team. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety and environmental objectives and policies, ethics, export control, proprietary information, document/record retention, public communication, etc.
- This role is based in Los Angeles, CA but has the opportunity to also work out of Endicott, NY.
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**Required Education, Experience, & Skills - Experience with International Programs and Direct Commercial Sales Contracts- Problem solving, interpersonal communication and presentation skills required
- Proven track record working with financial analysts to achieve all financial objectives for the program using Earned Value Management techniques
- Ability to lead cross functional teams (ie Engineering, Finance, Operations, etc.) in the execution of complex technical tasks
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills to interface, coordinate, and negotiate with company personnel, customers, and suppliers
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in the performance of PM duties
- Ability to develop and execute a program schedule and subsequently track status against that schedule Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills - PMP certification
- Eligibility for a clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.