Job Description See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
We are looking for early career Software professionals to help us create the world’s most advanced solutions in the area such as Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Aircraft Protection, Radar Warning and Electronic Attack for our defense related customers. Our products provide critical mission capabilities to address the ever-evolving threats to our nation’s security and the war fighter.
In this exciting role, you will enjoy opportunities to take on diverse and challenging work assignments, flexible scheduling with every other Friday off, hybrid in-office and work from home, an inviting and supportive culture, competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees.
We will provide you opportunities to learn, leverage our current technologies, incorporate new technologies, and if you desire…become an expert or future technical leader in our engineering organization.
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status. Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Duties include analyzing, designing, coding and code modification (typically in C++) of complex software designs for simple systems or subsystems or subsystems of larger systems.
- You will be assisting in the evaluation of complex software designs to identify design flaws.
- You will utilize either a Linux or Windows based software development environment. Embedded targets could range from ARM through high performance x86-64 CPUs and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). You will be integrating and testing in the selected target test environments.
- Opportunities are available to grow into a technical lead on the program where you will mentor your team and present the technical design at technical interchange meetings with the customer.
- Limited expectation of travel within U.S. < 10%
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, and minimum of 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Secret Clearance (active within the past two years)
- Proficient utilizing modern programming languages (e.g. C++, Qt)
- Proficient with Object Oriented design, development practices, and implementation
- Motivated person with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Current C++ software development experience
- Current Qt experience
- Linux and real-time operating system exposure
- Experience with Radar Identification and Electronic Attack
- Exposure to designing and/or implementing software algorithms
- Familiarity with source control systems and configuration management practices
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.