FSET - Afloat Network Engineer Senior (19831)
Act as senior technical advisor to Carrier Strike Group/Amphibious Ready Group staff N6. Support the ship and staff during installation, testing and problem isolation of C4ISR systems, and support ships while embarked during deployment. Provide end-to-end technical support for C4ISR, RF, and IT systems; assist CSG/ESG and other staffs with speed-to-capability technology insertions; provide feedback to COMNAVWAR/PEO C4I/PEO EIS on system performance, design and logistics issues.
- Act as Senior Technical Advisor to Strike Group Staff N6, provide assist in troubleshooting C4ISR issues and make recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment and optimization.
- Works with shipboard technicians, ship and staff officers, In-Service Engineering Activity (ISEA), Regional Maintenance Centers (RMC), installation engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate staff, and others as required to ensure required end-to-end connectivity to satisfy fleet C4ISR requirements.
- Documents issues and resolution of issues using INTELSHARE FSET Status Reports and after action reports. Provides reports to Fleet Readiness Directorate as directed.
- Provides OJT on systems for shipboard and shore technicians. May be required to mentor civilian/government technicians.
- Assist shipboard technicians in preparation of systems for inspections. Assist with System Operation and Verification Testing (SOVT).
- Candidate must be capable of working independently with little or no supervision in a high operations tempo environment, and be willing to work a flexible schedule, including shipboard deployments of 8-12 weeks and overseas travel. Premium pay will be paid for underway periods. Other than normal working hours may be required.
- BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) or 8+ years technical experience in related discipline required.
- 6+ years of experience with DoD enterprise or Navy networks. Fleet experience highly desired.
- 6+ years of experience in troubleshooting networks and operating system issues across multiple systems.
- IAT2 certifications required for IA (Security+ CE or equivalent) required. IAT2 for OS highly desired
- Windows Server, CISCO and VMWare training/certifications highly desired.
- Must be able to troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity, for IT and RF communications systems, involving multiple sites and multiple systems.
- Must be able to provide OJT to technical personnel
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret technical documentation, schematics, SOPs, and other documents relating to the operation and configuration of Navy C4I Systems
- Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to communicate well with senior Navy officials and technical personnel.
- Secret Clearance required. Clearance will depend on location.