Power Consultant Project Manager –Transaction Services ( R-00078549 )
The energy industry is transforming. Older, inefficient power generation and transmission systems are being upgraded and replaced with modern, environmentally friendly alternatives. These changes aren’t just driven by a desire to improve the health of our planet – they also make good business sense for the utilities, developers, and investors that are driving those transformations.
As a Project Manager within Leidos’ Energy & Infrastructure Consulting Practice, you will play an important part in those transactions, giving you an opportunity to contribute, in a meaningful way, to making our world a better place.
You’ll be an integral part of an exceptional team of power industry experts, providing consulting services and work products that our clients view as critical inputs to their business decisions. Project Managers must regularly work with project developers, utilities, equipment manufacturers, engineering firms, investors, bankers, and legal and financial advisors, among others. We evaluate a wide variety of technologies, from wind turbines and solar panels to battery storage systems, fuel cells, and advanced fuel conversion technologies.
The interactions on each engagement provide opportunities to grow and diversify your strengths as a consultant. When leading multiple engagements (as will often be the case), every day will bring a new and interesting challenge to tackle, and you’ll have the privilege of working with some of the smartest and most dedicated consultants in the industry, finding solutions that drive projects forward.
You’ll find that growth opportunities at Leidos abound. We are a small, 100-person division with a flat organizational structure, and you’ll be making an impact on Day 1. As you expand your capabilities and expertise, you’ll take on larger, more challenging projects, and will develop and sustain relationships with clients and top industry experts. There are opportunities within the division to grow into line management roles or into technical excellence leadership positions.
In this role, the qualified individual will be expected to:
• Determine, monitor, and review all project economics including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, sub-contractors, resources, and risk.
• Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the project.
• Lead the project teams based on client requirements and objectives.
• Facilitate status review meetings among project team members and clients.
• Work with senior management on project proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules.
• Manage project requirements, scope, and change issues.
• Coach and counsel members of cross-functional teams to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve technical or operational issues.
This role reports directly to the Managing Director of the Power Transaction Services Section.
Work location: This REMOTE position will consider candidates residing anywhere in U.S., especially in Denver, CO or Framingham, MA (just outside of Boston).
If you like a challenge, seek opportunities to grow and learn, and want to be a critical part of a team that consists of industry’s finest consultants and thought leaders, keep reading!
WHAT WE DO
We provide expertise, guidance, and consultation to our clients, and our work is centered on (although not exclusively devoted to) supporting financial transactions- the development, financing, acquisition and sale of generation (and non-generation) hard assets. We identify technical and commercial risks and help our clients to find and/or evaluate solutions to their challenges. Because we are exposed to numerous unique projects over short periods of time, we (i) are diversified in technologies and commercial approaches to project execution; (ii) contribute to and learn how problems are solved by industry leaders and how those solutions drive financial viability; and (iii) benefit from this knowledge as a team and as individuals, resulting in a professional experience that evolves, is dynamic, and is well-rounded.
What you will bring to the table:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university, with relevant power industry experience in consulting, independent engineering, or project development and operation.
- 12+ years of experience in a broad range of independent engineering assignments, and/or related business functions including: consulting for lenders, funds, utilities, and independent developers.
- Experience in the evaluation of electric power generation facilities, including renewable (solar, wind), hydroelectric, energy storage, thermal (combustion turbine, solid-fuel), and/or other power generation technologies.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with evaluation of commercial risks in construction, procurement, operating and services contracts.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
It would be nice if you had:
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Proficiency in technical writing
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve problems associated with successful project implementation, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00