Principal Software Engineer - GPS Security (78650BR)
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for a Principal Software Engineer with experience and passion for research, development, and application of security technologies and solutions. Leading the way in military GPS navigation technology, our array of products and systems cover airborne, precision-guided munitions, ground handheld receivers and embedded applications. As a technical leader of this directorate, you will have responsibilities in all phases of the secure product research and development to meet Anti-Tamper (AT), Cryptography, and Information Assurance requirements. You will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing secure software applications for real-time embedded navigation productsRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline and 8+ years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in an appropriate discipline and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- All applicants must have at least a U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance at time of application due to program requirement (REQUIRED)
Knowledge of information assurance and security engineering principles involving communications security, network security, and computer security
Experience with software requirements, design, implementation, and integration of embedded software applications
Experience with Ada, C, C++, Model Based development or other high-order language
Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to interface with both internal and external customers
- High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
- Desire to contribute to a results oriented product development team
- Experience with Eclipse, Jira, and DOORS
- Experience with software verification and Python test scripting
- Experience with cryptography, software assurance, Anti Tamper or Information Assurance