Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Aegis Systems Engineer (78681BR)
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated personable Engineer II – Systems Engineer to join our team of diverse engineers. This position is located in Mount Laurel, NJ where Technology and Teamwork come together to provide independent service and support to the team of AEGIS Technical Representatives.
The qualified candidate shall perform the roles and responsibilities of the Baseline 10 Coordinator and provide direct independent engineering and technical support to the government project lead. The qualified candidate will be required to collaborate with an integrated team of engineers, technologists and military veterans dedicated to providing independent quality assessments of development of computer programs critical to the defense of the United States and Foreign Military Sales.
The candidate's primary responsibilities will be to provide and brief the U.S. AEGIS Navy TECHREP customer of all technical and process aspects of the integration and development of the AEGIS Weapon System and Ballistic Missile Defense functionality into the AEGIS Combat System environment. The candidate’s responsibilities will include and not be limited to the following:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- The ability to articulate and provide a true and accurate account and status of the technical aspects of the designated project development in a clear and concise manner to the government project lead
- Demonstrate the ability to technically assess testing aspects conducted by the developer and or other Government agencies
- Coordinate, plan, collaborate with the T&E Division for system testing events and necessary support
- Consult and brief Task Lead of all technical or programmatic actions during development and any issues involving project lead support
- Provide weekly status briefings and inputs into a Automated work flow tool suite
- A penchant for applying model based system engineering principles across processes
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in any of the recognized Engineering disciplines plus a minimum of two years’ experience with US Navy / AEGIS Combat System
- Previous experience as an an embedded Baseline 10 responsible engineer
- Proficient with Microsoft Professional Tools Suite
- Experienced with IBM Software tools and thorough understanding of requirements traceability
- Familiarity with Cameo and PowerBi applications
- Detailed understanding of the AEGIS Combat System data analysis structure to assist in innovating and promoting new methods to assess data more efficiently
- Demonstrate and provide technical inputs instinctually when required
- Demonstrate quick decisions and apply logical reasoning within fast pace and highly visual situations
- Demonstrate the willingness and desire to further gain technical knowledge
- Possess excellent oral, written, and leadership skills and work independently
- U. S. Citizen and eligible for a high level DOD Security Clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Technical Writing experience
- Possess current DOD Security Clearance
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit [Register to View]
and follow us on Facebook: [Register to View]