Senior Systems Business Analyst (78497BR)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework including management, information systems, business administration, or other related field, and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience that is related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Interfaces with Business Stakeholders and IT applications teams to define, gather, and document business processes and needs, and translate into detailed functional specifications for development. Performs business systems and process analysis of existing and future systems/processes. Conducts interviews and requirements gathering workshops. Ensures sign-off of all artifacts.
- Assessing business demand requests, determining and documenting business, functional, technical, and security requirements and delivering recommendations to executives and stakeholders. The SBA will be engaged in various aspects of initiative planning, requirements, design, and test contributing to the delivery of high-quality business application solutions.
- Analyzes current state and emerging technology/application functionality and business needs proactively to add value.
- Ensure technology solutions align with business needs and strategic goals.
- Conduct technical and business meetings to provide awareness and track status of application in-flight efforts, and provide meeting minutes, actions, and follow-up discussions where needed.
- Assess issues, create action plans and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Responsible for and leads the development and maintenance of documentation such as requirement documentation, high level design documents, test plans, test use cases, user guides, and O&M support documentation.
- Excellent communicator with ability to facilitate working meetings and requirements gathering sessions with all levels of business and technical stakeholders and capable of asking probing questions and be an effective listener.
- Ability to think critically, evaluate information gathered and present ideas.
- Possesses excellent documentation and writing skills with strong background and experience in problem solving and knowledgeable in technical and functional operations.
- Experienced in a broad range of business applications/domains and development methodologies.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to correlate information from multiple sources impacting the requirements, project outcomes and deliverables.
- Ability to lead SBA activities to achieve required outcomes.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Motivated individual with proven track record of quality delivery; on time, on budget, and within scope.
- People skills, with the ability to engage diplomatically with stakeholders and communicate changes that may not be aligned with the original expectations.
- Knowledge of proper requirements specification and development, such as process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, process flow diagrams.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.