Senior Systems Engineer
Responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
Are you seeking a new and challenging position supporting a complex Cybersecurity mission-critical Program? Well, look no further! Leidos is currently looking to add a Systems Engineer (Level 2) to support a Cryptographic Modernization 2/Next Generation (CM2/Next Gen) technical task near Fort Meade. As a System Engineer, the successful candidate will participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents. Provide technical support for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessments. Assist with operational views, technical standards views, and system and services views for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards. Support the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes.
- Analyze CM2 ICD capability gaps and add clarification to and formulating system requirements
- Prepare Concept of Operations to illustrate the mission needs related to the CM2 ICD Gaps
- Work with Government representatives to prioritize the gaps and associated requirements
- Prepare system requirements for specific product families as defined in the CM2 ICD to address the priorities
- Derive system requirements for specific cryptographic product families as defined in the CM2 ICD to address DOD and military Service priorities
- Review DOD service roadmaps and aggregate all CM2 roadmaps into a central repository
- Research and analyze capability gaps and standards both internal and internationally
- Review and provide alternative key management strategies for delivery and management of key management alternatives
- Research and prototype alternatives for implementing authorization models
- Work with government representatives to identify and implement asymmetric and symmetric encryption procedures to address quantum computing security issues
- Utilize the internal and international policy & standards to develop and improve interoperability between encryption and security-based software products
- Build models to capture the requirements and system flows to determine information/capability interactions
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
- Fourteen (14) years of System Engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited College or University is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- TS/SCI with Poly Clearance REQUIRED
Joint Capability and Integration Development System (JCIDS), a DOD requirements validation process knowledge.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.