VDI Engineer IV (79416BR)
|What’s it like realizing your potential at an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? Rewarding. As a member of our Defense Intelligence Technology team, you will join a diverse group of driven professionals who design the products and systems that support enhanced military capabilities, protect national security, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. With us, you will be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.|
We are looking for a VDI Engineer who specializes in Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) to add their skills to our team supporting infrastructure services and enterprise engineering efforts for DIA IT Infrastructure Services and networks. This is an exciting and dynamic job opportunity where you will support a dynamic operational customer, and help advance the United States military's analytic and operational capabilities.
The VDI Engineer will be responsible for engineering solutions for baseline VDI builds ensuring operating system upgrades, planning and implementing desktop virtualization technology, and etc.
As a VDI Engineer supporting the Government, you will be trusted to work on Infrastructure Engineering Services with existing and emerging virtual desktop technologies. Make it your own by discovering new ways to apply the latest technologies securely and expertly. By owning this opportunity, you’ll become a critical part in how we successfully solve our clients’ biggest challenges, deliver on promise, and innovate their virtual infrastructure needs.
Our work depends on a VDI Engineer joining our team to support Government activities in Sterling, VA or Annapolis Junction, MD. In this role, a typical day will include:
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant certification including one of the following: Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, GSEC, GICSP, CySA+, or CCNA Security.
• CWS-215: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma + 12 years
• Associate's Degree + 10 years
• Bachelor's Degree + 8 years
• Master's Degree + 6 years
• PhD + 4 years
• Experience performing engineering work associated with the design, development, maintenance, and testing of infrastructure for desktop application packaging and deployment technologies
• Knowledge of cloud, networking, and enterprise architectures
• An ability to combine technical skills, creativity, and customer focus in delivering enterprise VDI solutions
• Expertise in the Windows 10 area – Standard Operating Environment (SOE), imaging, evergreen, etc.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred certification
- Managing Modern Desktops (MD-101)
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (1Y0-312)
- AzureAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.