Geospatial Analyst ( R-00080709 )
DescriptionJob Description:Job Description
As a Geospatial Analyst you will apply expert knowledge of ArcGIS while performing a range of geospatial analysis for an intelligence customer in St. Louis, MO. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial research and content management in support of intelligence mission requirements. The candidate should have a strong geospatial intelligence background and the ability to in conjunction with other teammates to meet delivery deadlines.
- The candidate will work directly with customers and team members and assist with all aspects of the creation, maintenance, and publishing of Streets Basemaps, Canvas Suite Basemaps, and other web services.
- Conflate and/or merge GEOINT content as needed to efficiently publish Basemaps.
- Run automated/semi-automated to support the pre-processing of foundation data.
- Examine workflows and test possible improved workflows in an operational environment; workflows shall also be measured to show improvement.
- Provide expertise in schema mapping, data manipulation/editing, and metadata tagging.
- Provide data services optimization.
- Identify and resolve technical problems.
- **Active TS SCI required**
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field to the support services counts toward the experience requirements.
- Candidates must have experience using ArcGIS (e.g., ArcMap, Arc Catalog and Arc Toolbox) and extensions.
- Knowledge and understanding of editing and creating SQL queries.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to apply metadata to GEOINT data and products to enable content discovery.
- Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with team members, customer representatives, external customers, and functional peer groups.
- 2-4 years’ experience w/ BA degree, or 2 years’ experience w/ Master’s degree, or 4 years’ experience with no degree.
- Successful completion of a formal military or government training program such as the Geospatial Intelligence Training Program (GITP) is highly desired.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Experience in visualization and web cartography.
- Familiarity with Feature Manipulation Engine (FME).
- Knowledge and/or skill working with ESRI Spatial Database Engine (SDEs).
- Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines.
- Candidate should work well as part of a team effort.
"External Referral Eligible"