Development Operations Engineer (79611BR)
What’s it like realizing your potential at an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? Rewarding. As a member of our Defense Intelligence Technology team, you will join a diverse group of driven professionals who design the products and systems that support enhanced military capabilities, protect national security, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. With us, you will be able to make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
We are looking for a Development Operations (DevSecOps) Engineer to add their skills to our Enterprise Audit team. This is an exciting and dynamic job opportunity where you will support the development, security, and operations of the enterprise-wide audit program for critical systems, applications, and infrastructure.
In this job, you may:
• Perform systems administration of applications in development and pre-deployment environments.
• monitor system activity, security, system installation, security patching, upgrades and other system administration related functions.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• Installs/loads operating system and application software
• Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
• Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
An ideal candidate for DevOps Engineer will be expected to:
• provide support for system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
• Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems.
• Configure and manage applicable operating systems and host environments (Cloud, On Prem, etc)
• Installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
• Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma + 12 years
• Associate's Degree + 10 years
• Bachelor's Degree + 8 years
• Master's Degree + 6 years
• PhD + 4 years
Required Experience includes:
- Prior experience as a Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Programmer, or similar role
- Experience with a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as AWS, RedHat, Kubernetes, Git and Atlassian tool suites
- Experience with operations and sustainment of cloud and on premise systems and applications
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical fluency with AWS; prefer experience on UC2S/SC2S/C2S
- Understands Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment of pipeline.
- Experience supporting DevSecOps.
- PaaS, IaaS, DaaS
- XML to JSON conversion and SPLUNK
- Back-end Java.
- Database: AWS RDS (including PostgreSQL)/MongoDB/GraphQL
- Supporting legacy systems and migration of system data
Bachelors degree in a STEM field. Additional experience can be applied in lieu of Bachelors.
DoD 8570 Compliant Information Assurance Certification
Prefer hands on experience with data processing, analysis, and transformation to include some or all of the following areas:
Creating and maintaining documentation to support DevOps for multiple software and web applications
Familiar with the ATO process within the DIA or other federal agencies
Proposing re-engineering solutions to improve return-on-investment (ROI) or improve operations
Troubleshooting complex and interdependent systems
Using GitHub, Jira, Confluence, and other code and project collaboration tools
Good verbal and written communication skills