Java Developer ( R-00081064 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of Junior Java Developers to join our existing TELEWORK ENABLED long-term engagement at IRS in the Media & Publications Division. As a core member of the software development and rust replacement team, you will play a valuable part in supporting and executing application programming, testing, documentation and delivery of multiple existing and new applications whose primary purpose is to production of Tax Products and Internal Revenue Manuals critical to IRS and filing season. You will support JAVA-based systems hosted primarily on Linux or Windows platforms.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Provide technical expertise to the task of identifying and implementing rust-replacement modernized applications to meet changing business needs
- Migrating existing legacy applications and legacy platforms to multi-tier EA compliant solutions
- Generating formal requirements documents
- Assisting in market research of COTS products
- Designing, developing and testing JAVA-based solutions and integration of COTS products
- Performing code upgrades to applications and maintaining user application manuals and/or administrative manuals
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- College degree plus 5 years of software development experience
- Additional years of experience can be substituted for education
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- RESTful Web Services
- Ability to obtain Public Trust
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more, click [Register to View] target="_blank">here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
TELEWORK ENABLEDPay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.