Job Description What's it like to work for the Battery Technology Center (BTC)? We are a small group of engineers, engineering technologists, technicians, and additional support staff dedicated to delivering for our customer on a variety of power solutions projects.
The Engineering Technologist I position will require the following key duties:
- Monitor and control internal/external calibration services for all test equipment, e.g. environmental chambers, test equipment, etc.
- Maintain accurate internal/external calibration service records
- Schedule routine system maintenance efforts for test equipment
- Provide inventory support, including shipping and receiving, equipment management, and data entry for items received/issued
- Sets up standard test apparatus and conducts operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability of cells/batteries, prototypes, or production models
- Troubleshoots malfunctions and performs repairs by adjusting, calibrating, aligning or modifying test apparatuses, circuitry and components using hand and power tools
- Assembles and/or modifies wires, insulation and components using hand and power tools. Installs assemblies and hardware into housing
- Monitors and controls on-going test projects by completing various physical and electrical measurements
- Understands basic electrical processes and has experience using various electrical tools, including but not limited to soldering iron and resistance welding
- Actively partners with a test engineer to monitor and control all assigned tests, communicating changes in performance on a periodic basis, and maintaining test data integrity from inception to completion
- Initiates requisitions and replenishes test equipment parts and materials required for the project
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Responsibilities will include key duties, as well as excellent communication with coworkers and management; consistent, timely performance for all deliverable activities assigned; adherence to safe laboratory practices, as directed; maintaining a strong teamwork mentality, with the ability to adapt to a rapid work environment with multiple projects on-going at a time; and a responsive attitude toward all other duties assigned.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required education and experience: High School Diploma and 4 years relevant laboratory experienceAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.