The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
Leidos is seeking a broadly experienced Engineering Manger to support our SENS3 contract who will be able to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks and projects supporting the operations and maintenance, new engineering change task orders, technical refresh, new system improvement and modernization activities, and other major changes that occur. The successful candidate will be expected to advise and lead the engineering staff in implementing and maintaining current and new technology solutions.
Communicate and interface with customer and Leidos Program Management, Technical leads and Subject Matter Experts to provide Program status and to jointly present, lead, and work program issues, and technical solutions.
Ensure that assessment of new performance work requests include all stakeholders, are properly sized, and submitted on time to the customer per the required contractual delivery date.
Ensure that all authorized performance work requests are completed on time and within budget, the implementation is ready for deployment to customer test organization or Production, and integrated into the operations and maintenance baseline.
Understand all applicable performance standards and ensure that all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met or exceed so no monetary disincentive is levied against the contract.
Provide engineering and technical expertise on all issues, performance work requests, system improvement efforts, and operations and maintenance activities.
Collaborates with customer, stakeholders, and integrator team members to bring solution options and drive decisions on the way ahead to meet customer needs
Establishes and maintains relationships with Leidos partners, key vendors, and within Leidos to seek, qualify and leverage the best ideas, solutions and models to meet customer needs
- BS and 8+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s Degree in Information Technology or related field of study and 6+ years of experience in system architecture
- Must have demonstrated experience identifying, developing, and implementing engineering change solutions and new technology and solutions on a large enterprise national scale
- Project management experience for large enterprise level projects and proposals to include labor and workload estimation up to $100M
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of a project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a customer environment collaboratively through constraints to meet mission milestones.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and management to include presentation and experience discussing technology at large government agency CIO/CTO executive level
Experience and working knowledge is as many of the following technologies is desired. While not required, candidates that have some or all of these skills will be considered significantly more positive than candidates with none of this experience.
- Data center consolidation
- Server virtualization
- Amazon web services
- Application cloud migrations
- Repeatable process automation
- Modern database/data warehouse optimization technology
- Business rules and data processing of captured data.
- Life cycle management and 5 year road map technology refresh for networks and data center infrastructure
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.