Senior Test Engineer (79887BR)
- Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
BAE Systems is looking for a Test Engineer on the Advanced Compact EW Solutions (ACES) operations test and manufacturing team. This position will support manufacturing in Nashua, NH including the Area 5 factory after necessary clearances have been obtained.
This position will include the following duties:
- Support manufacturing with all aspects of the test processes of electronic warfare hardware and their lower level assemblies.
- Provide test failure debug, resolution, and appropriate direction to operations personnel to perform necessary rework.
- Generate rework direction in the Solumina Manufacturing Execution System (MES) based on debug findings.
- Interface with Engineering and other supporting groups to drive defect resolution to root cause.
- Support test equipment maintenance, including Test Solutions and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) equipment.
- Generate and implement improvements in test design, processes, and methodologies to reduce cost and increase throughput.
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation associated with the design and build of digital and RF electronic warfare products.
- Support test equipment validation and movement as required to support factory needs.
- Provide training / support to manufacturing personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Experience working in defense or aerospace manufacturing environment
- Experience as a test or product support engineer
- All applicants applying to this role must have at least a active DoD Secret Security clearance in order to be considered for this role
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with RF and digital instrumentations (i.e. network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal sources).
- Lean/Six Sigma experience such as Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Experience with Solumina manufacturing execution system, TipQA quality management system.