Material Control Specialist ( R-00082698 )
The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos’ Advanced Systems Group develops and deploys advanced technology
solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the
Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. MSD is currently seeking
a Material Control specialist to support a world-class LEAN manufacturing environment for current and future projects spanning
advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production.
This immediate opening seeks a Material Control specialist with responsibility for planning, scheduling, and managing the movement of material from receipt to warehouse to production. The successful candidate will work with the production manager and collaboratively with an outstanding group of engineers and production technology technicians in Long Beach, MS. You will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development, and will support production of advanced electronic systems for the US Navy and the US Air Force.
- Planning and managing material movement with purchasing, warehouse and production.
- Maintain clearly organized warehouse spaces, controlled inventory cages, and shipping and receiving office.
- Receive material into inventory control system.
- Kit manufacturing orders for production floor
- Prepare shipments for delivery and organize/schedule trucks
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with ISO9000 quality management systems
- Effective hands-on skills with the ability to interact with the production floor personnel
- Good computer skills including all Microsoft Office software
- High level attention to detail
- Forklift operation experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret-Level security clearance
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- Associates degree
- Advanced computer skills
- Understanding of MRP systems such as effective issuance of manufacturing orders (MO’s) to the production floor.
- Procurement experience
- Rigging crew experience