Model Based Systems Engineering Senior Practitioner (80135BR)
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
BAE Systems’ Model Based Agile Engineering (MBAE) is seeking an experienced Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) professional versed in the philosophy and practice of MBSE. The MBAE group is fully responsible for promulgating Agile-MBSE practices, MBSE training, technically assisting all ES Sector programs in their MBSE model development and the proper application of MBSE process and technique to their program. As an MBAE MBSE engineer this individual is expected to have all the technical MBSE skills necessary to be capable of assisting in the successful guidance of a program in their total MBSE development activities. This individual will be an integral part of an MBSE development team. This includes building all aspects of a nominal MBSE model (views and data). This individual will also pull data from the model, generate tables, perform analyses and generate reports from the model.
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
- 8+ Years practicing System Engineer
- Solid understanding of UML and SysML
- Solid experience using MagicDraw/Cameo or EASparx or Rhapsody
- Understands the model database
- Understands validation rules and specialized searches in the model database
- Demonstrate ability to analyze problems through MBSE model
- Systems Engineering Bachelors or higher
- Assisted in building full scale models including parametric functions and simulation execution
- Has built all SysML views
- Fully versed in all MBSE tools and related tools
- Familiar with Modelling Simulation Visualization and Analysis (MSVA)
- Familiar with systems performance analysis (Monte Carle, Multivariate, Pareto, etc)
- Experienced working in all phases of the engineering product development lifecycle
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression