Active Directory System Administrator
Leidos is seeking a System Administrator to partner on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD.
Administrator will be responsible for maintaining existing enterprise identity management solutions, troubleshoot incidents, and assist with transitioning new capabilities from the engineering team to production. Duties will include validating the health and status, operations, and maintenance of identity management systems such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Azure Active Directory Connect (AADC), Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), ADFS Web Application Proxy (WAP), Quest Active Roles Server (ARS), Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM), Forefront Identity Manager (FIM), LDAP Border Directory Systems (AD Lightweight Directory Services, Radiant Logic, VDS etc.). This individual will work in a team environment supporting a large enterprise spanning multiple enclaves and sites.
- Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order to perform technical configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions to assist with troubleshooting authentication anomalies.
- Provide support for implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining of identity management systems. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems from enterprise-wide application/system problems and provide recommended solutions.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Develop, test and document solutions to complex identity management technical issues.
- Build and deploy Domain Controllers and other identity management servers through remote means at customer sites utilizing approved installation procedures.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 enterprise watch personnel.
- Support operations across multiple geographic locations.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Work independently as part of a virtual team
- Experience with PowerShell commands and scripting/automation
- Experience with supporting and managing Identity Management technologies including the following:
Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM)
Forefront Identity Manager (FIM)
Quest Active Roles Server (ARS)
LDAP Border Directory Systems
Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services
Secure Token Authentication Services/PKI Integration
- Experience with Quest ARS PowerShell extensions and implementing ARS task automation
- Experience with Tier 2/Tier 3 system administration
- Experience interacting with customers during the course of troubleshooting incidents and system anomalies
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Experience mentoring and training junior personnel
- Time management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Track record of working effectively within a virtual team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with support ticket management systems
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience, Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience, or 12 years of prior relevant experience in lieu of education.
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required for this position.
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
Knowledge of integrating Exchange and Active Directory
ITIL Foundations Certification
Microsoft or other commercial Identity Management certifications (i.e., Identity and Access Administrator Associate, Azure Administrator Associate, Quest Active Roles Administration, and Quest Active Roles Implementation and Configuration)
Experience with the following technologies:
- Azure Active Directory/Azure Active Directory Connect (AADC)
- Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS)
- ADFS Web Application Proxy (WAP)
- Radiant Logic