Job Description The SIEM Architect will be responsible for collecting, parsing, and correlating events for a critical operational system. She/he must possess strong skills in system administration, log management, event correlation, and threat detection.
The SIEM Architect will support building and maintaining a system that analyzes collected data and derives facts, inferences, and projections to determine if the systems being monitored are operating normally or being attacked by an adversary. The selected individual will be responsible for overseeing best practices in configuring and architecting the systems which support analysts and end-users. The successful candidate will support the collection and extraction of data used to refine existing and new reports, analytics, and dashboards, and will be involved with the drafting and creation of reports and dashboards based on end-user requirements. She/he will also work with System Engineers and System Administrators to better define the audit data being collected to eliminate false positives and false negatives from the data.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Basic Qualifications
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Qualifications
- At least 8 years of relevant Information Assurance experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with one or more of the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, ArcSight, Splunk.
- Experience configuring and deploying data collection for a variety of operating systems and networking platforms.
- Experience creating Dashboards and Analytics within SIEM tools.
- Experience building and maintaining systems dedicated to storing and parsing large amounts of data.
- Experience building monitoring systems supporting auditing, incident response, and system health.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Network Security Operations Center (SOC) experience preferred.
- Experience and talent in data visualization.
- Experience creating workflows for Incident Response within a SIEM Tool.
- CISSP Certification.
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler Certification.
- GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence Certification.
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Assurance or related field.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.