Principal Electrical Engineer, Test Equipment Design - Hybrid Opportunity (80336BR)
How would you like to join our team as a Test Equipment Design Engineer and develop systems for testing products that support military and commercial aircraft and ground vehicles? As a member of our Test Engineering unit, you will join a diverse and cross-functional group of professionals that are responsible for all aspects of test systems development including mechanical, electrical, software and fabrication. With our team, you will have the opportunity to utilize and develop your skills in a fast paced and exiting environment for a broad range of test systems from simple circuit card testers to very large and complex systems integration labs.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with Test Equipment design experience to add to our team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop test systems to support products for some of the world’s most advanced military and commercial aircraft and ground vehicles.
In this job, you will:
- Perform technical work that requires the diversified application of engineering principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to the detailed design, development and integration of Test Equipment designs used to support the integration/certification and acceptance testing of electronic assemblies, subassemblies, and systems of varying technologies.
- Perform technical analysis, engineering design, and test equipment related assignments for the selection and application of state-of-the-art test design principles, theories and techniques for complex subassemblies, assemblies or functional systems in support of system and top level assembly acceptance testing and integration of company products
- Consult with engineering specialists to devise new techniques and approaches and provide solutions to a wide range of technical problems dealing with the selection, design and implementation of test strategies in support of acceptance and performance test methodologies. Make independent decisions based on available data, selection of materials and required parameters.
- Work from technical objectives, overall schedules and expected results as specified by supervisor or senior engineering personnel. May lead project segments including responsibility for achievement of schedule, fiscal and technical performance objectives.
- Support assignments that are broad and may include:
- design and development of new test techniques as a result of independent research study
- design and development of test plans, procedures, test strategies, and test requirements of company products
- design and development of manual and automated test equipment
- testing and integration of procedures, initial prototype equipment and systems integration support
- contributions to proposal efforts
- Coordinates and directs the work efforts of lower level engineers and support personnel.
- Coordinates the preparation of charts, diagrams and reports expressing recommendations, technical accomplishments and project progress measured against specific plans.
- Attends conferences and meetings to represent assigned activity.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university or its equivalent and a minimum of six (6) years work experience; or a Master's Degree and three (3) years experience.
Job requirements include the following:
Test Equipment requirements development, documentation, and verification
Proficient with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools used for schematic capture of printed circuit board designs
All aspects of Test System hardware design and documentation from top assembly to subassemblies, including assembly drawings, schematics, wire lists, parts lists, printed circuit boards, interconnect diagrams, configuration drawings, etc.
Excellent integration, troubleshooting, and debug skills.
Experience working with avionic interfaces.
Good communication skills, written and verbal.
Self motivated.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience with serial communication busses (1553, ARINC-429, CAN, RS-232/422/485, TTP, Ethernet)
Experience with Mentor Graphics PWB design tools
Experience with the development of test equipment for engine controls, flight controls, and weapon controls computers.About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.