Procurement Analyst I (80066BR)
- Maintaining vendor records to include creating new vendor profiles into HICX and CostPoint, updating vendor information, and coordinating with multiple ship yard organizations as well as vendors.
- Creation and submittal of Small Business Plans in support of contract requests for proposals, conducting small business outreach in order to identify potential new small businesses, and various small business reporting requirements.
- Ensures a controlled documentation system, record retention, and information services including electronic records retention processes in accordance with ship repair procedures.
- Creates (by direction) documentation formatting, forms, standards, policies, and operating procedures. Various report running.
- Requires HS with a minimum of 6 yrs; OR An Associates Degree with 2 yrs of experience; OR Masters in Procurement (or similar) with 0 yrs of experience.
- Must be comfortable with audit support and conditions, communicate effectively and be a team player.
- Well organized and efficient with Microsoft office suite.
- Familiarity of the FAR and DFAR processes
- An understanding of vendor management, small business requirements pertaining to government contracting, and have a high ability working in different computer systems.
- Ability to present information in a Training type atmosphere.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high paced environment.
- Experience with Document Management.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.