Environmental Data Analyst/Statistician ( R-00082950 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Your greatest work is ahead!
The Civil Environmental & Infrastructure Portfolio at Leidos currently has an opening for an Environmental Data Analyst/Statistician in our Oak Ridge, TN, Twinsburg, OH, or Reston, VA office.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing and summarizing environmental characterization data and assist in conducting environmental risk assessments and exposure modeling.
- Preparation of data may include building standardized databases in SAS or SQL Server from varied sources such as text files, Excel, Access, etc.
- Preparation of data may also include examination of the data to assure completeness and to identify statistical outliers and results that that do not conform to database specifications.
- Risk assessment activities may include working with risk assessors to select appropriate exposure parameters and receptors for risk models, calculating exposure concentrations, screening environmental concentrations against risk criteria, writing risk assessment summaries, and presenting results to project teams.
- Work as directed by project teams to query requested data from databases and summarize requested data in tabular and/or graphical formats.
- Work with statisticians to apply appropriate statistics to estimate sample size requirements and to identify differences between sample populations.
- Write descriptions of database requirements and of steps taken to prepare and summarize databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, data management, environmental sciences, toxicology, or a related field and 0-2 years progressive experience.
- Strong data management and programming skills.
- Experience programming in one or more database languages, preferably SQL, SAS, Python, C#, R, .NET, or Visual Basic and be experienced using Excel, MSWord and Access software.
- The position requires the ability to communicate technical information orally and in writing.
- Experience summarizing environmental characterization data and should understand the appropriate use of statistics for describing statistical distributions and for comparing populations of sample results.
- Experience developing statistical sampling plans to characterize populations and calculating cleanup goals from environmental exposure assumptions and toxicity data are helpful.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance is preferred.