Linux Systems Administrator (80374BR)
- Hands on experience with Ubuntu Linux System Administration, Red Hat Linux and VMware
- Experience in O/S installation, Software and Patch management
- Able to debug/troubleshoot hardware issues
- Familiar with the configuration and maintenance of workstation and network hardware and peripherals
- Hands-on experience of system management, system setup and managing Linux based workstations as well as configuring them
- Able to develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Install and configure systems which support infrastructure, hardware
- Knowledge of scripting languages and ability to implement when needed.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all workstation resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs etc.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources.
- Six or more years of experience as a LINUX system administrator managing workstations in an enterprise environment consisting of multiple Linux workstations
- Experience installing, configuring and updating, Ubuntu, RHEL
- Experience maintaining LINUX using automated change management software such as puppet
- Experience with VMware virtual servers/workstations preferred
- Writing technical documentation skills including standards, policies and procedures
- Able to troubleshoot complex issues with hardware and software
- Able to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Training or certifications in one or more of the following:, Ubuntu Linux, Red Hat Linux VMware
- Candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills and be a self-starter.
Service Now IT Ticketing Application
Ability to acquire Secret clearance preferred
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.