- Perform General Ledger responsibilities which include preparing Journal entries in accordance with Accounting best practices and BAE policies, and maintain monthly Journal entries log. Complete period and sub-period closes in the ERP.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations and resolve reconciling items on a timely basis and in accordance with BAE Systems Financial Policies. Assist with filings of Business license and unclaimed property taxes, and tax packet.
- Complete monthly financial reporting through the Corporate HFM system, to include: primary responsibility for reporting multiple units in HFM and assistance with related financial analysis (analyze, collect and present data).
- Perform Project set up, Account maintenance, and other system set up responsibilities. In addition, interface with other departments and address questions and identify solutions.
- Document and update key processes and procedures to ensure compliance with BAE Systems, Inc. Financial Policies. Prepare quarterly Control Owner Self-Assessment testing. Also review and identify processes that can be automated and explore various tools that would improve efficiency.
- Assist manager with various projects as assigned and complete various analysis and ad hoc support
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant accounting experience within a large enterprise
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting principles and familiar with Financial Accounting Policies.
- Ability to understand the accounting entries impacting the business and have the ability to communicate the reasoning for requiring the entry.
- This position requires the individual to understand the financial impact each action has against the ledger. In addition will be required to set up structure for new Entities in accordance to the countries requirements.
- Required to be inquisitive to ensure actions being completed are of sound and proper judgement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience within a large enterprise
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.