Algorithms Software Engineer (Hybrid)
- GXP InMotion Server - ingests and streams real-time data feeds, providing recording and analytics capabilities
- GXP InMotion Desktop - video and image analysis application
- Track Analytics Software Suite (TASS) - a suite of algorithms for analyzing geospatial data
- MOVINT Database - a geospatial big-data store with RESTful web service interfaces
- GXP InMotion Web / MOVINT- a browser-based front end for visualizing and analyzing geospatial data
You can read more about our software and solutions here:
InMotion Desktop and Server - [Register to View]
MOVINT Solutions - [Register to View]
As a member of our software group, you will contribute to a highly-motivated small team responsible for software development and data analysis for client-driven programs, and the integration of these technologies into core BAE Systems products and customer platforms. The ideal candidate enjoys learning in a challenging technical environment; collaborating on multiple teams and projects; and can apply their technical skill and innovation towards solving real-world problems.
The Algorithms Software Engineer will work with research scientists and engineers to implement advanced algorithms for signal processing, computer vision, machine learning, data fusion, data science, and other advanced analytics.
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar
- 4+ Years with BS or 2+ Years with MS
- Experience programming in C++ or Java (at least one) and Python (optional)
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, debugging and test skills
- Experience with software development processes, including version control, documentation, code review, and testing
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Candidates selected for some positions will be subjected to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Familiarity with image processing, computer vision, machine learning, data science
- Implementation of signal and image processing algorithms
- Application multi-threading and distributed computing (MPI, OpenMP)
- Incorporation of third-party C++ libraries (Boost, FFMPEG, OpenCV)
- Creating and maintaining cross-platform software (Windows/Linux)
- Interfacing with sensors to process and control video streams
- Familiarity with GPU programming.
"Geospatial solutions to ensure a safer world.” BAE Systems' Geospatial eXploitation Products (GXP™) software solutions deliver an unrivaled capacity for discovery, exploitation, and dissemination of mission-critical geospatial data. From key military, security, and incident response operations, to a variety of commercial development and research initiatives, GXP software provides a comprehensive suite of solutions enabling timely and effective decision-making.
The GXP Durham, NC development team was founded in 2004 as Signal Innovations Group (SIG) and acquired by BAE Systems, Inc. in 2014. We perform commercial software development and contract research and development in the areas of geospatial data analysis, visualization, storage; image processing; and data analytics. We collaborate with teams in San Diego, Rome NY, and Malaysia. Our team values technical excellence, individual initiative, and strong work-life balance. Our team strives to create an innovative, agile, and collaborative work environment, much like our legacy as a small business, but leverages the resources of BAE Systems.
About BAE Systems, Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.