Compliance Specialist Principle (Remote) (80107BR)
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted manufacturing / operational environment.
- Thorough knowledge of defense industry & regulations and the understanding of the role of Compliance, Supply Chain, and overall Procurement process.
- Experience leading Compliance efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Strong knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow down requirements.
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Understanding/knowledge of Government & Internal audits and requirements.
- Solid working experience across a broad range of Combat Mission Systems products & programs.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve Compliance and/or related issues.
- Financial Acumen and thorough understanding of Supply Chain’s impact to the business.
- Develop, track and report on key performance indicators. Take corrective actions as needed.
- Proven leadership and organizational change experience.
- Leads & completes efforts without direct reporting relationships.
- Successful teaming abilities by working in a cross-functional dynamic environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Perform analysis of Compliance statistics & data in support of business & strategic direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Acquired Strategic/Critical Thinking skills.
- Exceptional problem solving & decision making skills.
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a “make it happen” attitude.
- Excellent continuous improvement and change management skills.
- Safeguards the CMS Purchasing Business System and obtains a thorough understanding of other Defense business systems.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise relative to Supply Chain Compliance.
- Transparency in knowledge & thoughts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Operations or related field plus 8 years or more of directly related work experience, preferably in a government-contracting environment.
- U.S. Citizenship.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).
- Working Knowledge and Understanding of Defense Prime Contract flowdown requirements.
- Familiarity with Oracle ERP System.
- Advanced degree and/or certification in Supply Chain or Project Management: C.P.M., C.P.S.M., P.M.P.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.