Job Description BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the government, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world. At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are looking for experienced Systems Engineers to join our technology-based program supporting a key government customer in a fast paced, challenging, and career rewarding experience. This program delivers Enterprise Computing engineering services with modern technology solutions with that function both on customer premise, and via remote Cloud services. As a mission-focused Systems Engineer that solves problems on the program, you will be expected to: Recognize the issue(s), Identify the facts, Define additional data that would be helpful, Make assumptions as necessary, Determine alternative approaches, Evaluate alternatives, Make recommendations, Alter assumptions and rework solutions, and Reflect on lessons learned.
CBLT-03Required Education, Experience, & Skills
We are seeking SME candidates with a minimum of 11 years' experience. A Bachelor's or Master’s Degree are preferred.
|Seeking MULTIPLE Exchange Engineers to work with a team engaged in providing Engineering and technical support in a mission critical Windows-based environment to users world-wide. The candidates must be able to analyze requirements, understand the architecture, and troubleshoot other data processing problems for applications. |
- Assist with the design of the organization's technology architecture and implementation of hardware and software infrastructure.
- Possess very high level of knowledge of Exchange 2013 or 2016 required.
- Possess broad system experience and understanding of supporting elements of the architecture including the OS and relevant networks.
- Plan and implement Exchange platform upgrades, and must understand the customer environment to be able to modify standard deployment packages conforming to the unique security architecture in place.
- Evaluate the current environment and support creation of a platform roadmap, analyze system performance and recommend corrective and preemptive actions.
- Conceptualize, design, and implement solutions to problems reported or discovered, and continuously improve the quality of service provided by the email infrastructure.
- Deliver timely and high-quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
- Help with analysis of migration to new Exchange Server environments.
- Respond to customer requests to correct or modify malfunctioning applications.
- Investigate issues with applications, servers, and storage.
- Report to division management the status of issues, corrective action being taken, and the resolution of investigations.
- Partner with Premier Technical Account Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
- Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Exchange Server 2013 or 2016, including experience implementing and troubleshooting Database Availability Groups
- Practical experience troubleshooting Exchange Server and Windows Server performance problems Outlook 2013 or 2016.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision.
- Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Active Directory (architecture, design, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting)
- Knowledge of Security Development Operations (SecDevOps) on iterative development projects
- Knowledge of Agile development principles
- Microsoft AZURE certifications
- Knowledge of modern software languages (e.g. Java, C, C++, C#, Python, Perl, etc.) or the ability to automate through PowerShell script
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.