HPC Software Engineer - Up To 20K Sign On Bonus (79183BR)
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and document complex and diverse software solutions in a Unix High Performance Computing (HPC) environment.
- Design and develop new software as well as integrate and modify existing software to system components.
- Perform characterization and performance tuning of various software stacks throughout the system including managing the software and system test development, performance, and benchmarking for each HPC node type throughout the System of Systems
Who You Are:
- Energized when faced with complex technical challenges and diligently work to identify creative solutions.
- Ability to perform high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to successfully meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus seven (7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Experience developing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience using the Unix command line
- General HPC technical knowledge regarding compute, network, memory, and storage components
- Experience developing with multiple high level programming languages in a Unix environment
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with HPC open source parallel programming methods such as OpenSHMEM, pthreads, Open MPI, and UPC
- Experience developing test plans, operational assessment test reports, and associated documentation
- Experience with automating test procedures
- Experience with performing benchmarking testing
- TS/SCI clearance with poly
- Experience with Git source code repository
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite of Tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with Agile principles and concepts