Civil / Structural Engineer ( R-00083858 )
The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking a Civil / Structural Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Regional Office in El Segundo, CA.
The Civil / Structural Engineer will review and update designs, drawings and conduct physical inspections required for the alteration, modernization or expansion of FAA facilities to support National Air Space (NAS) modernization projects.
- Provide engineering inspection/site survey reports for the FAA Unmanned Infrastructure Sustainment program, which will primarily focus on communications towers and antennas, and the support shelter buildings. This may include freestanding or guyed antennas or towers, antenna anchors, foundations and roofing, and/or foundation and anchorage for various mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Analyze existing drawings and provide recommendations to site- specific upgrades to the facility, shelter buildings, and support equipment.
- Review existing drawings and perform design changes to include red-lines and as-built drawings.
- Develop and coordinate engineering project scope, cost estimates, risk mitigation plans, project schedules, resource requirements, and project closeout documentation.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
We offer meaningful and engaging, collaborative culture, and support your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work life balance. Are you ready to grow with us?
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in El Segundo, CA.
Travel – approximately 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering OR Structural Engineering.
- BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Engineering experience with structural design, construction techniques, and concrete foundations.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Familiarity with FAA Unmanned Infrastructure (antennas and towers) and equipment shelters.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.