Materiel Control Specialist (21307)
**This position is physically located in California in support of LOGCAP**
Member of a team in receiving, storing, inventorying, and issuing Government Materiel’s/Property and compile stock records using the Maximo, IFS or Oracle computer systems and/or other systems as required. Operate Materiel Handling Equipment if required to move product as required. Analyzes and select the correct process for Materiel transactions.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Member of a team to accomplish provided tasks to standard.
- Count, sort incoming materiel to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
- Examine stock to verify quantity or conformance to specifications. Store materiel in bins, on the floor, on shelves, or in containers according to identifying information
- Fill orders or issue supplies from stock. Prepare periodic, special, or perpetual inventory record of stock in multiple locations.
- Compile reports on flow of stock, adjustments of inventory, counts, and stock records, damage, or shelf life adjustments, location changes, and denial of shipments.
- Routinely use procurement documents for Inventory, Receipts, Issues, and others as required by the Performance Work Statement.
- Mark identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles, using labeling equipment
- Adjust inventory/location of stored stock. May determine methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
- Move or transports materiel or supplies to other departments, using Pallet Jack, Forklift or industrial truck.
- Responsible for Physical Security of Sensitive and Pilferable Items and ensure they are stored in accordance with all Army Regulations and local policy.
- Maintain inventory and other stock records, using computer terminal. Designated according to materiel, equipment, or product stored, i.e. Retail or wholesale items.
- Receive, store, and sort unserviceable equipment and supplies for disposal.
- Prepare, read and analyze records and reports necessary to execute actions routinely.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbal
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able obtain a CAC Card
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination:
In order to qualify for this position, you must be fully vaccinated prior to the start of your assignment and show proof of your vaccination status, unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation (religious or medical).
The definition of fully vaccinated is that you’ve: 1.) received a vaccine that is recognized by the governing entity and is either a.) Two doses of Pfizer BioNTech Vaccine b.) Two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford Vaccine c.) Two doses of Moderna Vaccine (or) d. One dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine, and 2.) Two weeks elapsed after the final dose was administered, which is either one or two doses depending on brand of the vaccination.
- 2 years of experience in Logistics and warehousing.
- Customer service training
- Material Handling Equipment (Fork Lift Operation, Pallet Jack, Hand Truck)
- Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Supervisory Training
- Ability to deliver training on his/her area of expertise to the lowest level
- Strong analytical skills
- WMS experience with Maximo, SAP, Oracle or similar systems
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work is generally conducted in a work center administrative environment. However, duties may occasionally involve working outside with a potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
- Physical Requirements:
- Work may require heavy lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.