DescriptionJob Description:We are looking for a Substation Designer to work out of our Atlanta office or remotely from Alabama, Mississippi or Tennessee.
** This role has the potential to be 100% remote **
Substation Designer responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Using accepted practices and standards to create substation design drawing packages and required documents for electric power substations from 12kV to 500kV.
- Create substation outdoor plan drawing
- Develop an arrangement of substation structures, equipment and foundation plan drawings.
- Develop and create section views and other detail drawings of substation structures, equipment
- Develop substation control building equipment, cable tray and lighting plans
- Develop layout of conduit plan and ground grid design and equipment grounding plan.
- Develop bill of materials for major equipment and materials.
- Review and approve vendor equipment drawings
- Create a material order list for substation material requisition.
Substation Designer Qualifications:
- An associate degree in engineering technology or drafting technology
- Must have 3 to 5 years of substation design experience using CAD preferably electric utility industry related projects.
- A combination of education and a demonstrated related experience may be substituted in lieu of education and experience requirements.
- Advanced understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, Word, and Excel to develop project deliverables.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Advanced ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Ability to work in a team environment with others including, but not limited to Project Managers, Engineers and Designers in a multi-discipline groups
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
Preferred Experience/Additional information:
- Experience with utility power substation design knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with SDS 3D inventor is a plus.
Successful Substation Designer candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
In this Substation Designer role, you can also expect to gain skills in:
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines (Substation, Relay Settings, SCADA, and Civil Structural)
- Time management and organization
No two career paths will ever look the same. At [Register to View] of working for a world-class employer. [Register to View] you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Leidos is a trusted technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms
PowerDeliveryPay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00