Computer Systems Engineer
Leidos has a career opportunity for a Systems Engineer at Cannon AFB NM. Candidate must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance and meet DoD 8570 certification requirements in order to be considered. Current experience managing Citrix or VMWare systems virtual environments is required to be qualified for this position.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for overall Systems engineering onsite and daily support for multiple classified enclaves within an operations center.
- Writing and completing test procedures and completing verification and validation events with the accreditation team prior to fielding.
- Participate in configuration change steps to evaluate cost, risk, and supportability as part of the solution evaluation process
- Building and deploying both virtual and none-virtual servers, and computers, managing multiple classified enclaves within the facility
- troubleshooting advanced problems as changes, upgrades and patches are deployed
- Conduct system requirements evaluations and integrations of changes within the current architecture .
- Bachelor's Degree degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Prior relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have experience managing Citrix or VMWare virtual environments, DOD standards for patching and experience with Server 2016
- Excellent communication skills in team environments and superior customer service skills are mandatory.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have a current DoD TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Prior military experience working in data centers
- Experience working within a RPA operations center
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.