Job Description Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, Merrimack and Manchester.Job DescriptionWe are seeking talented, experienced Software Engineering Leads (aka SWELs, Software Managers, Software Cost Account Managers (CAMs)) to help us create the world’s most advanced solutions in the area such as Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Aircraft Protection, Radar Warning and Electronic Attack for our defense related customers. Our products provide critical mission capabilities to address the ever-evolving challenges and threats to our nation’s security and the war fighter.
The selected candidate will provide technical leadership, project management, and guidance for the software engineering development activities. This position is customer facing and will provide Software Project Management reporting, documentation, and updates to both Program Management and the Software Discipline.
We will provide you opportunities to learn, leverage our current technologies, incorporate new technologies, and be a leader in our engineering organization.Job Responsibilities
- Duties include the execution of complex software architecture and designs on projects.
- Execute established management systems and provide leadership to assure the effective performance of work, close monitoring of cost and schedule, and take timely and effective corrective action.
- Establish communication to keep management informed of the function’s progress and results.
- Use existing processes and evolve processes to utilize the most effective new techniques as they become available, assuring the use of methodologies which minimize both design cost and product cost.
- Provide, directly or indirectly, top level technical leadership for the assigned design discipline(s) including selection and exploitation of promising new technologies, long-term goals, etc.
- Ensure effective communication between assigned engineers and all other participants in the design process.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status. Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Temporary remote/Hybrid (COVID-19): Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will be conducted remotely or in a hybrid format on a temporary basis. Based on pandemic conditions, once the employee’s assigned site begins a broader transition back to the workplace, the role will transition to full-time onsite.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field, and minimum of 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Secret Security Clearance (active in the past two years)
- Managing cost and schedule of software projects
- Software development in high level language
- Software engineering processes, methodologies, and tools
- Software testing, validation, and verification activities
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead, and motivate technical teams
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Working knowledge of real-time embedded programming
- Agile Development experience
- Designing and/or implementing software algorithms
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.