Job Description Full-time onsite:
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full- time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
See what you are missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we are innovating for the future and you can too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of then come build your career with us.
Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers’ needs. From Supply Chain, to manufacturing and test, Electronic Systems offers opportunities to work with technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment.
The New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line is responsible for the first unit build of new hardware designs and transition to production in the Electronic Warfare Integrated Manufacturing Center (EW-IMC) factory. This includes the development and maturation of the associated build processes and tooling in preparation for rate production. Working closely with Program Engineering and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment makes the NPI Pilot Line a unique and exciting opportunity to influence the future success of production runs, and to have a positive impact by influencing the program and product before entering low-rate production.
We are looking for a Process Tech 3 to join our team on the New Product Introduction (NPI) Pilot Line. A Process Tech 3 performs complex assembly or modification tasks on electronic and mechanical components, subassemblies and systems. They may also provide technical support for Engineers working in a research or design/development environment.
Responsibilities may include:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Assembly, disassembly, modification, rework and repair of various electrical and mechanical systems by interpreting technical drawing packages, process sheets or other specifications.
- Inspection of other team members work to ensure conformance with requirements and IPC-610/J-STDs using precision measuring equipment.
- Fabrication of complex assemblies utilizing build-to-print skills to meet production, engineering and prototype requirements.
- Performing complex rework. This includes reworking printed wiring board circuits, cuts and jumpers, epoxy repair of circuit cards, etc.
- Works with Process Engineering to determine process improvements, screens in-process material for discrepancies, and performs maintenance and correction updates while performing the assembly process.
- Providing feedback on the producibility of products during the first piece process and prototype fabrication.
- Works with Process Engineering to determine process improvements, screens in-process material for discrepancies, and performs maintenance and correction updates.
- Provide training for both new and current employees to allow a continuous level of learning throughout the line.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management as needed.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 6-7 years of electronic assembly experience
- Ability to achieve or already have IPC-610 and J-STD solder certifications
- Proven ability to read and use technical drawings, wire lists, schematics, process sheets, and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs).
- Experience with using small hand tools and complex tooling such as ovens, soldering irons, hot plates, microscopes, etc.
- Experience with module or box-level assembly work
- Excellent communication skills and team oriented mindset
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and a dynamic environment
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Excellent computer skills with a good understanding of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Ability to train others in assembly techniques
- Experience working in a Pilot Line or NPI environment, providing feedback to engineering on what works and what doesn’t when assembling
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.