Job Description What is it like working for an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? Rewarding!
Full-time onsite: Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
The Material Planning Coordinator (MPC) works closely with the Supply Chain Planner (SCP) and the factory team to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials, timed to meet production requirements. MPC advises SCP and factory team of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Maintains job progress and status records, and notifies supervisor of impending delays or serious difficulties affecting commitments.
- Prepares status reports as required.
- Anticipates or responds to material shortages due to lost, damaged or defective material in order to prevent work stoppages in area of responsibility.
- Maintains accurate records by updating applicable systems which provide regular reports on the status of product to the Supply Chain Planner. These systems include Oracle, Solumina, PLM and TIPQA.
- Actively participates in the establishment and maintenance of Point of Use Material and Leads cycle count activities in the factory.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Requires a High School education or equivalent and two (2) years related experience in material/production or configuration control environment.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Excellent Communication skills
- Microsoft Suite knowledge, especially Excel
- Active Security Clearance
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.