Job Description Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
We are looking for talented mid-career experienced Software professionals to help us create the world’s most advanced solutions in Electronic Warfare and Communications for our defense related customers.
We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, Merrimack and Manchester.Job Responsibilities
Opportunities are available to grow into a technical leader in our engineering organization where you will mentor your team and present technical designs with our customers.Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Duties include analyzing, designing, coding and code modification (typically in C++) of complex software designs for simple systems or subsystems or subsystems of larger systems.
- You will be assisting in the evaluation of complex software designs to identify design flaws.
- You will utilize Green Hills, VxWorks, Windows or Linux based software development environments. Embedded targets could range from ARM through high performance x86-64 CPUs and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). You will be integrating and testing in the selected target test environments.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Secret Clearance (active within the last two years)
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- Experience in object oriented software development in C++
- Experience with software and systems engineering processes, methodologies and tools
- Experience performing and leading software testing, validation and verification activities
- Experience with source code control tools
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Real-time embedded development
- Green Hills/VxWorks/Windows/Linux OS
- Python and/or other scripting experience
- Continuous Integration Tools
- GIT, Jira, Confluence
- Agile Development experience
- Designing and/or implementing software algorithms
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.