Job Description BAE Systems in San Diego is seeking a Craft Supervisor for our Pipe Department (2nd Shift). The Craft Supervisor oversees the daily work performed in the Craft Supervisor’s assigned Shop. Within this role, you will be responsible for assigning and monitoring the completion of work, as well as providing technical assistance, and generally managing the workforce within the Shop.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- The Craft Supervisor is expected to identify and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to support the timely and effective completion of assigned tasks. This includes ensuring that company policies and practices are followed in all phases of project performance and personnel-related functions, including but not limited to the hiring and supervision of employees, employee performance management, terminations, promotions and demotions.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the Trade is pursuing Company goals for Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Developing and/or reviewing project schedules and budgets during the planning phase.
- Allocating personnel and resources to efficiently support all contracts (including shift work).
- Overseeing and monitoring schedule performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigation of late activities, project supervision, and the development of practical solutions. Monitoring and evaluating project budget performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, development of productivity enhancements, investigation of over-budget items and EMV management and understanding.
- Monitoring productivity across all shifts, including the amount and type of work assigned as well as the quality and quantity of work accomplished.
- Performing personnel related functions including, but not limited to, the supervision of employees, performance management, workforce reductions, promotions, demotions and discipline. Ensuring that employees understand and adhere to Company policies. Training and motivating employees in the areas of technical knowledge, safety, environmental and communication.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards or wide application of technical principles.
- Full knowledge of industry practices Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- May refer to established precedents and policies. Work is performed under general direction.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
- High school or equivalent degree with a minimum of 8+ years’.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the relevant trade.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, supervise, and direct the work of other employees in the relevant trade or industry.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in making operations and personnel decisions.
- Proficient computer skills required including experience with Microsoft Office programs, Powertrack and similar software.
- Capable of giving clear work instructions to employees
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- PAI trained (where applicable)
- Proficient Blueprint reading skills (where applicable)
- Ability to read and understand work specifications- NAVSEA standard items.
- Ability to obtain DBIDS
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.